Cabrini House has an equality policy which states:
Diagrama Adult Healthcare is committed to equality of opportunity and to a pro-active and inclusive approach to equality, which supports and encourages all under-represented groups, promotes an inclusive culture, and values diversity.
Diagrama is therefore committed to a policy and practice which requires that, for residents, admissions to our homes will be determined only by the home’s ability to meet the identified needs.
The placement criteria and procedures will be regularly reviewed to ensure that residents are treated on the basis of their needs and abilities. They will be given equal opportunities and, where appropriate, special assistance.
All people, residents and their families, shall be treated equally, regardless of their gender, ethnic origin, nationality, colour, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or offending background, unless unequal or different can be shown to be justified and is appropriate.
We believe that each resident in our care has the fundamental right to:
- Be regarded as an individual
- Be cared for by people who are capable of understanding their needs
- Be treated equally
- Receive an activity plan which enhances life in every respect
- Receive respect and understanding regarding cultural, religious and spiritual beliefs
- Receive prompt attention in relation to all healthcare needs
- Be informed about all important decisions that affect them and to have a say in them
- Be afforded privacy for themselves and their belongings
- Have the opportunity to think independently and make their own choices wherever possible
- Complain about anything that is felt to be unfair or unjust and to have that complaint listened and responded to
- Develop and nurture lasting friendships and contacts within and outside the home
Our policy and approach to consulting residents and their guardians about the quality of their care
Residents have ‘rights’ in every aspect of the care they receive at the home. These rights are protected through various policies and procedures. All residents in our care deserve a say in how we operate the home, these views will be considered in the development of the home. They each have a right to air their views and to understand the rules of conduct and behaviour so everyone enjoys their stay.