Diagrama Foundation acquired Cabrini House in 2014 when Cabrini Children’s Society ceased operation. Cabrini House care home was originally set up for children with learning disabilities. But as these children grew up, the service grew with them and it’s now a home for life for adults with learning disabilities or special needs. Some of our residents have lived here for more than 25 years.
Diagrama Foundation is a charity that supports vulnerable children and adults to live their best life. We achieve this by:
- promoting the development of key life skills for vulnerable young people at our semi-independent living service
- finding secure and nurturing families to care for traumatised children through our adoption and fostering services
- ensuring vulnerable elderly have the opportunity to live life to the full at our nursing and dementia care home, Edensor.
- promoting the development of core skills for adults with learning disabilities at our residential service Cabrini House so that they can lead independent lives, integrated within their community
We have four core values that guide our practice:
- We are always person-centred in our approach - our decision-making is focused on the needs of the individuals that we work with
- We always work with integrity - we operate resourcefully, professionally and with complete transparency
- We find innovative solutions to the challenges faced by those we support
- We work collaboratively with our service users, our own teams and with external experts and organisations to ensure the best outcomes are achieved.
The foundation obtained charity status as a not-for-profit organisation in England and Wales under our full name of Diagrama Foundation Psychosocial Intervention in 2009. Our parent organisation, Fundación Diagrama is one of the largest charities in Spain.
You can find out more about Diagrama Foundation here.